Visiting the Historical Museum of The Hague
The Historical Museum of The Hague is again temporarily closed due to national measures against Covid-19, until further notice. We hope that we can welcome you again soon.
Measures for a safe, 6 feet distance, visit. Every visitor’s safety is our top priority. The guidelines by the Federal Government, the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and the Museumvereniging (Museums Association) are being applied in the museum.
While visiting the museum we ask you to follow these measures:
- We exclusively work with pre-paid tickets with set times (online tickets that have timeslots). This way we can guarantee that there are never more than 45 people in the museum at the same time. It also helps us spread out the time of the arrival of visitors. It is not possible to make a reservation by phone or buy tickets at the ticket office.
- Visitors from the age of 13 are obliged to wear a face mask in the museum.
- Please do not come to our museum if you have health issues. You are welcome if you and your company have a clean bill of health for at least 24 hours
- You can only pay with a debit/credit card at the museum. No cash, unfortunately.
- At the moment we do not organize lectures, workshops for children or guided tours.
Access with an online ticket
- We can only allow people in the Historical Museum of The Hague who have an online ticket with a time slot. This is also the case for Museumcard holders and kids.
- On this ticket you will find the date of your visit and a one hour timeslot. During this hour you can enter the museum
- You can stay in the museum for longer than the hour
- You can either print the ticket or show the ticket on your phone
- You can buy tickets here
To guarantee a 6 feet distance visit
- In the museum there is a clear route to keep sufficient distance for a safe visit, often this is one-way traffic
- Everyone in the museum – visitors and employees – needs to keep a 6 feet distance from each other
- Please keep other visitors and museum employees in mind. Please give each other space, especially in hallways and on stairs
- In the rooms you will find stickers on the floor that indicate the maximum number of people allowed
- It is possible that you will have to wait because a room has reached its maximum capacity, we kindly ask for your patience
- Our security will keep an eye on the preservation of the rules and the maximum capacity
- The surfaces, such as banisters, door handles and interactive screens, will be cleaned more often. Toilets will be cleaned several times a day
- Visitors will have disinfectant available to them
- As requested by de GGD (Public Health Service) we might share your email address to track down Covid-19 contaminations
- Are you not able to come at the booked timeslot? Please send an email to email@example.com
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the ticket at a different moment.
- The museum is not required to restitute the money for a ticket that is not used
- These visitor rules are an addition and adjustment to the regular visitor conditions
Please follow instructions by the employees of the museum.
We hope that you will have a pleasant visit, despite these measures!